Top 10 Reasons for Students to Get Involved with CSI:
10. Meet other students enrolled in similar curriculum.
9. Subscription to Construction Specifier magazine.
8. Earn CSI Certifications at a discounted student rate.
7. Qualify for special industry scholarship programs. The Northeast Region and most of the 15 individual chapters have scholarship programs to assist students in financing their education in construction related fields.
6. Gain reputable credentials to enhance your resume.
5. Access CSI’s Job Center on CSInet.org
4. Learn about industry-realted real-world issues and practices.
3. Build relationships with industry experts and mentors.
2. Connect with potential employers in a relaxed setting.
1. Have fun!
In FY14, the Northeast Region merged the responsibilities of the Academic Programs Committee into the Education Committee. The current chair (FY16, July 2015- June 2016) is Ruma Som.
The purpose and responsibilities of the Academic Programs Committee are to:
- Promote the inclusion of CSI practices, procedures and documents in academic programs at higher education institutions.
- Develop programs that encourage students to become familiar with the fundamentals and principles of written and graphic construction documentation and procedures.
- Assist in the establishment and support of Student Affiliates.
- Promote student and faculty participation in CSI chapter, region, and institute events.
- Encourage the Region and Chapters to provide educational resources and guest lecturers to institutions of higher learning.
- Other duties as defined by the Board.