2019 Scholarship Application
P.O. Box 2893, Worcester, MA 01613
The Worcester County Chapter of CSI is proud to sponsor two annual scholarships given in memory of charter members Michael G. Lapomardo and Edward M. Healy, FCSI. The amount of the scholarship awards are equal. The Edward M. Healy award is given specifically to a student who is pursuing a major in the study of Architecture, Engineering or the Construction Industry (AEC). Please review the Eligibility requirements and Preferences below. Deadline to submit your completed application and essay is June 30, 2019.
To be eligible to receive an award, the applicant must be:
- Entering college, or currently a full-time student in an accredited college or university;
- Directly related to a member of a construction related professional organization in Massachusetts, such as CSI, AGC, AIA, AFE etc., or
- Directly related to a sponsor or participant of the Construction Industry Summer Open.
- For the Edward M. Healy Scholarship Award only – pursuing a major in the study of Architecture, Engineering, or the Construction Industry
For either Scholarship Award preference is given to applicants:
- Who have a direct affiliation with CSI,
- Pursuing a degree as an AEC major
- Who are currently working as an intern or co-op student for a firm in an industry-related field with at least one CSI member,
- Who have participated in CSI sponsored technical program(s)
AMOUNT OF AWARD
The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $750.00 each year for up to a total of five years of undergraduate or graduate school enrollment. Graduate study will only be eligible for AEC majors but the five year maximum still applies.
Payment of the award will be on a reimbursement basis to the recipient upon proof of enrollment as a full-time student. Acceptable proof of enrollment are: (1) a copy of current tuition bill and proof of payment, or (2) a “Proof of Enrollment” form from the educational institution. The final decision of acceptable proof of enrollment will be determined by WCCSI.
Request for payment of the award shall be the sole responsibility of the recipient and must be submitted to WCCSI on an ANNUAL basis during the academic year. Failure to submit a request for payment in the specified time will result in forfeit of the award for that academic year.
PRESENTATION OF AWARD
All applicants will be notified after all submissions are reviewed by the WCCSI Scholarship Committee. Scholarship awards will be presented at the annual WCCSI Summer Golf Outing on July 26, 2019 at Heritage Country Club in Charlton, MA. The recipient and a guest will be invited as guests of WCCSI to attend the steak dinner immediately following this year’s tournament to accept the award. You will be introduced and acknowledged by the tournament participants and sponsors and asked to speak briefly about receiving this award.
Deadline to submit your completed application and essay is June 30, 2019.
Mail: Worcester County Chapter CSI, P.O. Box 2893, Worcester, MA 01613